Hello, my name is Jasmine and …
I am: a wife, a mother, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a knitter, a Canadian
I have: Type 1 Diabetes, Myasthenia Gravis, one daughter, a husband, a home, much joy
I love: Peace, chosen family, chocolate Popsicles, beef stew, music, making things, Diet Coke
. . .
. . .
Other places I’ve written:
- Why I Feel The Need To Console Others When They Learn About My Illness
- What You Won’t Find When You Google ‘Myasthenia Gravis’
The Disability and Faith Forum
- Seeking Out The Prophetic Voices of People With Disabilities
- Spiritual Practices in a Time of Crisis and Solitude
- The Body and the gift of pain
- Let it be
- “Just trust God!”
- When I Apologized to My Daughter at the Park for Being a Mom Who Doesn’t ‘Work Properly’
- When You Are Judged For Having Strong Moments in Public With an Invisible Illness
- When My Coworkers (Literally) Lifted Me Up After Accessible Spaces Let Me Down
- 12 Ways the Movie ’50/50′ Got Illness Right
- The First Time I Met Someone Else With Diabetes After My Diagnosis
- Why I Love Listening to the ‘Sickboy’ Podcast as Someone With Chronic Illness
. . .